MangaFive

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MangaFive

5 legends, 1 site a place for manga

MangaFive Chatbox Rules

La Del
    La Del
    Chat Box Moderator

MangaFive Chatbox Rules Empty MangaFive Chatbox Rules

Post by La Del Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:33 am

Now there is no reason to create any useless excuses. These are the rules. Read em' and weep. (Not literally weep. They aren't that bad)

Warning: Repeated use of the Cbox may cause emo.

1.) All conversations must be kept "PG-13" at all times. Let me make this perfectly clear right now, there is to be no talk of rape, implied rape, drugs, or implied drug use. Keep it family friendly! Posting links to manga with questionable material is also against this rule and will result in an immediate ban. There is no exception to this rule.

2.) Try to keep the number of conversations going on at any given time to a minimal. I don't mean that you cannot speak on a different topic if someone is talking but try not to start ten different conversations at one time. The space provided is limited and it can become very annoying and troublesome to have to sift through so many topics.

3.) Spamming, flaming, flame baiting, and name theft may result in immediate ban. You will receive only one warning if you are caught breaking this rule, should you fail to comply you will be banned; no questions asked.

For those of you that dont understand what these things mentioned above are let me make it clear now.

Spamming is posting any random or useless comment strictly for the purpose of drawing attention. Typing in all caps constantly is considered spam.

Flaming is simply bashing a person for any reason ie: "God I F***ing hate him!" "He is so f***ing stupid!" "I wish he just killed himself!" etc.

Flame baiting is when you talk about someone in an attempt to get the to flame you. ie: "What the hell are you going to do to me idiot?!" "God you are annoying, can you just die?" etc.

Name theft is when you copy a persons name with the intent to make fun; for example; if a persons name is Joe and you change your name to Joe2 or Joe 2.0, this is name theft.

4.) Your personal like and dislike is of none of any one's concern but your own, so keep them to your self. Religion, politics, and personal prejudices should not be spoken in the Cbox at any time. If you are caught breaking this rule you will be warned only once. Should you fail to comply you may be banned.

5.) No one is forcing anyone to use the Cbox. Enter at your own risk. Should you encounter a spoiler it is your own fault, please do not complain about it. If what ever set of events is more than two (2) or three (3) weeks old it is no longer considered a spoiler. Still, avoid spoiling major plot details, and sorta check to see if people don't know something. Be courteous, basically.

6.) No one is "superior" to anyone else. Everyone must follow these rules, Admins, moderators from both the Cbox as well as the forum, and the members as well. Except Greg. He's that cool... jk

7.) No advertising. Posting links to other forums or manga sites is not allowed. If you do post a link you will be banned and the post will be deleted.

8.) From now on talk about killing your self or recommending someone else kill them selves will result in you getting banned. If your caught breaking this rule you will be warned only once. Should you fail to comply you will be banned, no questions asked.

9.) No multiple accounts. How many names do you need? If you are identified to have more than one account you will be asked to use that name and nothing else. If you are caught using a different name you will be banned for up to 24 hours. Continuous use of multiple accounts may get you banned permanently.

*Clarification* There is absolutely a reason why we say no multiple accounts. Many people want to know details about banning and the like. When we search for that, in order to check if you've been banned, we need to check multiple accounts. And if we need to check a whole bunch of accounts, sometimes we'll just ignore you. Clear?

10.) Do not bypass the filters. They are there for a reason, so stop trying to get around it.

11.) If for any reason a person is being unreasonable, even if they are following these rules, it will result in a temporary "Time Out". The time of a time out varies depending on many variables.

12.) The universal language of the Cbox is English. Although you do have a freedom of expression, but it only makes it more difficult to monitor the conversations when they are in a language we dont understand. You will be asked only once to speak in English should you fail to comply you will receive a "Time Out".

13.) Don't mini-mod... Is your name red? Then don't act like it is... unless of course, you happen to be a mod who has a name that's colored black, but that's another story. *Note* Mini-modding is pretending to be a mod and "reminding" people to follow the rules.

14.) Beware of Dancing Meowth

15.) 7h3r3 15 n0 7R33 |3u7 T3H L1m00n 7R33

16.) Please don't make names where @, %, ~, &, +, or ! are the first character. Those are subbed names.

17.) When posting pictures, you must put the image in a spoiler tag if the picture is over 100x100pixels [or around the size of a forum avatar]. This is so the chat is still easy to read and not too distracting. If it is larger please use [spo_iler] image [/spo_iler] without the _ s.

These rules were developed to be fair to all. We only want to make the Cbox experience a little better for everyone. In the event you are banned for a reason you see as "Unlawful" or for a reason not specified here contact me personally on the forum. My Screen name is Tenma Kodomo. Also remember My AIM is there for you, use it if at any time you need to get into contact with me and I am not present on the forums or the CBox. Don't hesitate to ask me anything; if there is some thing confusing you or if you think that the rules here are unsatisfactory, let me know.

Because of the way the chatbox works, it's hard to keep track of what we've already told everyone. It can be quite difficult to keep track of warnings in your head so now instead of just saying a warning to someone, we will now give you a Warning by using a PM (AKA private message). This way we can keep track of what people have done in the past. This will also make sure bans will be justified. Please also note this does not apply to anything but the ChatBox, and we are doing this to make sure it is fair.

(* Rules Don't ever do multiple accounts you will get automatic ban, If we see you doing it, then we will give you a warning if your gonna make another then you know what happens to your account, remember We can track it.)

So, in summary. When you're warned, you also get a PM saying your warned. All mods can see you've been warned, and why, whenever they view your profile. So they can see how serious punishment is needed.

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:37 pm